Welcome to the historic St. Andrew’s Roman Catholic Church, the first Roman Catholic Church to be built in the northern part of Thunder Bay. For many years the parish has played a major role in the development and growth of the Catholic Faith in Northwestern Ontario.
The first Church, at the corner of Red River Road and Algoma Street, was dedicated under the patronage of St. Andrew in 1875. Its first parish priest was Fr. Richard Baxter, S.J. In 1881 a new Church had to be built to replace the original which had been destroyed by fire.
In 1920, the second St. Andrew’s Church was moved to its present site and now operates as the Dew Drop Inn Soup Kitchen.